3D Printer Certification Class
February 16, 2019 | 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Get certified on the 3D printer! Certified members can then use the 3D printer whenever they’d like to, on any project, without supervision.
Thomas has been building and using 3D printers as well as finishing/painting models for some time and will be hosting the meetup. We’ll go over the different types of printers available at Make Salt Lake as well as how to use the various tools available to generate your model and prepare it for printing. We will go through and choose a quick model to print so you can see the process of taking a model, slicing it, and getting the printer set up to print it.
• the 3 stages of digital processing
• safety and damage avoidance
• plastics (ABS, PLA) and how to switch types & colors
• our printer configuration files: where to get them, how to use them
• common mistakes and how to recognize what went wrong with a print
The cost of the class is $10.